My Meaning of Naturopathic Medicine
Red Flag Identification
Complementary: I personally believe my practice of naturopathic medicine to be adjunctive / complementary and never alternative to conventional medicine. I appreciate the evolution of conventional medicine / pharmaceuticals and how they both address and treat acute life threatening conditions, as well as chronic conditions. I like to collaborate with your medical team to provide you the most optimal health care.
Education: The practitioner is only the conduit to the patient's health, figuratively speaking; a person who acts as a channel for the transmission of information. It is up to the patient to take this information and make the change.
Red Flags: Your well-being is my priority. I am able to identify red flag symptoms that are out of my scope to treat which require referral to your general practitioner. Rest assured that you will be guided to the appropriate health channels.
Reduction of Symptoms
The Whole Person
Reduction of symptoms: Using my resources, I will do my best to help improve your lifestyle. This could help reduce your symptoms and lead you to find your new, healthy normal.
The Whole Person: Your health is not only physical symptoms but also mental programming and emotional wiring. It is crucial to take each aspect of the patient’s life into consideration.
Accountability: We know what we need to do to be healthier but it can be intimidating. With the proper tools, let me be the one to help you succeed. Lifestyle approaches to health are about always doing your best to get back on track if you relapse. Relapses are inevitable; some are more prone to others but never get discouraged on your health journey. Let me help you keep yourself focused on that goal.
HOW I APPROACH YOUR CONCERNS:
1. ESTABLISH CONDITIONS FOR HEALTH, MEANING IDENTIFY YOUR CONCERNS AND THEIR POTENTIAL CAUSES.
2. STIMULATE THE BODY TO HEAL WHAT IT CAN TO ITS BEST POTENTIAL THROUGH LIFESTYLE COUNSELLING (DIET, EXERCISE, COGNITION, EMOTION).
3. STRENGTHEN WEAKENED ORGAN/ORGAN SYSTEMS THROUGH VARIOUS NATUROPATHIC MODALITIES (BOTANICALS, ACUPUNCTURE, VITAMINS ETC.), IF POSSIBLE.
4. ADDRESS ANY STRUCTURAL ALIGNMENTS (SKELETAL & MUSCULAR) WHICH COULD AID IN YOUR CONCERN.
5. REFER TO TREAT SURGICALLY OR PHARMACEUTICALLY, IF NEEDED, SIMULTANEOUSLY OR SEPARATELY.